High Voltage Training Management Level (HV)
About this course
This course mainly for marine engineering officers, electrical or electro-technical officers, engineer surveyors and marine superintendents. The course is designed to increase the troubleshooting skills and fault diagnostics procedures for marine electrical and mechanical engineers employed on various ships and offshore installations.
The training will provide you with the essential knowledge of high voltage (HV) installations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements as set out in STCW 2010 Tables A-III/2 and A-III/6 for electrical, electronic and control systems at the management level.
During the course each candidate will design and implement switching plans based upon our distribution systems and be assessed by our trained assessors in the safe working practices they will be expected to demonstrate. The course will emphasize the safety aspect of electrical engineering work, recommendation on good safe practicies, procedures and precautions be taken to maximize the safety of personnel.
- International requisites for high voltage knowledge
- Advantages of high voltage sytems
- Hazards and immediate actions under fault conditions
- The functional operational
- High voltage equipment on board
- High voltage safety rules
- Safe working procedures
- Protective devices
- Assignment of qualified personnel to carry out maintenance and repairs
- High voltage electrical equipment testing methods
- Performing test of insulation resistance and polarization index
- High voltage equipment maintenance
- Taking remedial actions necessary during faults
- Carrying out a switching and isolation procedure on marine high voltage safety documentation
How to book
The course is run on demand, please contact the Admissions Team for information or forthcoming availability:
Telephone: +38 (095) 496 36 37 / +38 (067) 340 52 54
Normal office hours are:
Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 16.30
Let us help you to stay safe and up to date with the latest regulations!!!